Hanoi is a bustling city in the northern part of Vietnam. Whilst it is the populated capital, I find there are little nooks around the city where you won’t see another tourist in sight. If you jet set over there, make sure you stumble across the following:
- La Beaut de Hanoi Hotel – The most courteous and friendliest hotel service I have experienced in a long time! This lovely guesthouse was in the hub of the Old Quarter and the rooms were very generously sized. The staff were honestly amazing and every day went above and beyond to make my stay so enjoyable. I ended up extending my stay an extra 3 nights because I was so happy to be there!
TO DO & SEE:
- Halong Bay – Love to visit at dusk as you get the most divine view of all the blue houses from the top.
- Half day trip to Bat Trang – Get a driver and head out to Bat Trang (about a 40 min car ride from the Old Quarter). I met with countless artisans out there learning about their handicrafts and it was just fascinating!
- If you fancy getting your holiday captured, get in touch with Travelshoot – I did and wow was I amazing at the memory gallery they put together! Check it out here.
WHAT TO BRING HOME?
- Traditional ceramics – lots & lots of them!
- Local artwork
- Lovely embroidered linen
- Tailored made clothes
Any questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org as I’d be more than delighted to share stories & other tips on travelling in Vietnam.
Off the beaten track in Vietnam with TIPI: